Monday, July 9, 2012

welcome to my world.

Hi! Thanks for stopping by, and for being nosey enough to care about my humble little life. No really, I mean it. I'm a nosey person, too. I love being able to get a glimpse into the lives of others. Sometimes it makes me feel better. Or worse. Or - my favorite - it can make me feel normal.

Anyway, I thought I would make a blog to document my journey. I decided last month that I wanted to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. Partly because I want to get healthier. And partly because I'll never have another opportunity to do it again.

I say that because my husband and I will only be living in Key West for another year and a half. His enlistment in the Navy ends in February 2014, and at that point we'll be moving back to California. So we are trying to take advantage of living in Florida while we can!

Now, you should know that I am in no way a runner. Or an athlete. Or someone who enjoys exercising in (almost) any form at all. But, about a month and a half ago, an awesome person at work decided to start a Summer Slam workout 3 times a week - and she made it free to employees of the police department. So my coworkers and I have been going (and have missed very few classes!), so I've gotten motivated. I've gotten to the point where I look forward to working out (mostly due to the people in my class) and running. Which is surprising, considering I haven't seen any results other than my endurance increasing.

So, this blog will be an outlet for me to document my progress (and - I'm sure - setbacks) along my journey to train for a half marathon. And by the way, my goal is simply to finish the half. Not to freaking win it. Although you do have to have a 16 minute/mile pace. Which seems unattainable at this point.



Thanks for joining me on my journey!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Ange! I can't wait to hear about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shan!! I'm so shocked (and excited!) that I've started to like running. I love being able to push myself and always feel so accomplished when I'm done - whether it's a mile or 3!

      Delete