Monday, July 16, 2012

getting there!

Yesterday I ran on my lunch break because I was so sleepy. I had intended to do about 35 mins then stop so I could shower before heading back to work (the C25K workout is 31 mins). It was quite an accomplishment to have even made it to the gym because my legs are so sore from Summer Slam on Friday.

But once I got going, I didn't want to stop running!!!


Beat my 5K personal best by 1:25!!!! I'm proud of myself. I'd love to get that down to 35 by December.

It seriously blows my mind how much I truly am enjoying running. Can't wait to get back on the treadmill today. I'll also run Wednesday (outside, since I am off that day) and Thursday (treadmill since I work). Nervous for Summer Slam tonight!!

How are you doing on exercise?

4 comments:

  1. I'm also a police dispatcher and am really looking forward to reading your blog as you go on. Available time seems like the thing that is holding me back. I would like to get into running as well, so thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading! It's very humbling to know that people are following my story, let alone finding inspiration in it! It is hard to find time to do it, but as I've started to actually enjoy exercise, I've been looking forward to it and making time for it! What are your shifts like? We do 12 hr shifts so it makes it a bit easier to have days off to run outside :)

      Delete
    2. We work 5 8's, but with leave and whatnot we are working most of our days off with 12's thrown in there as well. As the summer ends it shouldn't be too bad. I'm getting ready to switch to graves, so I am hoping that will help with my time management problem. I think its neat that you work out during your lunch. We don't really take our lunches but I might start just to get some time in.

      Delete
    3. Ash, I'll be cheering you on to find the time to squeeze it in! I think it's great to run on your lunch - always wakes me up a little for the second half of my shift too. Good luck, I know you can do it!!!

      Delete