Thursday, July 12, 2012

melting!

Well, couldn't run yesterday. Had to go home sick from work...had some kind of yucky stomach bug since Monday and it revisited yesterday morning. BUT I wanted to get out and RUN today! I'm so determined to have at least a 12 min/mi pace for the half marathon.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat." -Napoleon Hill

I went today though! Ran outside, which I usually don't do. If I'm outside, I usually speed walk and do it for distance, not time. But I laced up my Under Armour sneakers, leashed up the dogs, locked up the house, and got going. I used the C25K app again, although I was a little disappointed with it today. I had to "pause workout" while I got poopy bags situated on the leashes, and while it paused the distance, it continued the time. So it messed with my actual pace measurement.

ANYWAY. It was much harder running in the heat and humidity. And trust me, there's a lot of humidity in Key West. I ended up needing to walk more than usual. Another factor in my pace would be that my lovely dogs kept stopping mid-stride and sniffing. Or pooping. Bandit likes to poop in the middle of the sidewalk/street. With absolutely zero warning. So that's fun.

I ended up doing 31 minutes and about 1.85 miles, which worked out to about a 16:30 pace,  I think. But keep in mind it messed up my pace in the beginning when I paused it. The way the C25K workout goes for where I am is as follows: brisk 5 minute warm-up walk, followed by 90 seconds of jogging/running and 2 minutes of walking, for a total of 20 minutes - then a 5 minute cool-down.

When I compare that with Tuesday's run, I'm disappointed. In the same time and fashion, I did 2.1something in 31mins. Oh well. Gotta get used to that outdoor running!

No comments:

Post a Comment