Wednesday, July 11, 2012

on the right track

some pun intended...

I decided to follow the Couch to 5K (C25K) running plan before I start the Disney Princess Half Marathon training plan (from Jack Galloway). This is probably good so I don't die.

Yesterday on my lunch break I jumped right in. I'm starting in week two simply because week one is a little too easy. A few months back I had started the C25K plan (obviously it didn't last) and in week 1 I was doing about 1 mile each time. Yesterday I did 2.12 miles! It may not seem like much, but for me it's a step in the right direction.

I really am loving running. Last night I found myself wanting to get up and go for another run. I didn't (because it was bedtime), but that is huge for me. If you know me, you understand that.

Today I'll be running on my lunch break again. I know the suggestion is to take a rest day between runs, but I love being able to take advantage of my lunch breaks like that. Once I start increasing the distance I'll put the rest days in place. We also have Summer Slam tonight after work...so I should sleep like a baby tonight!

Oh...and...I registered for the Disney Princess Half Marathon yesterday!!! My mom and I are officially signed up, under the team name Darling Duo. So excited!

Registration Confirmation e-mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment