Tuesday, July 17, 2012

stronger


A little motivation for all of us this morning! I love this. I also read a quote earlier that stuck with me: "Be proud of your strength, and every bit of exercise that you do to make your body better than ever. Even if you don’t look like a fitness model, you are stronger and more powerful  than before your workout." How true is all of that? Every mile you run, walk, or jog, is another mile closer to the you that you want to become.

So yesterday I hopped on the treadmill on my lunch break. Week 3, day 1 on the C25K program. So although I went for less time, I jogged/ran more. Pretty satisfied with that distance in that amount of time! I find myself still having energy during the cool down (5 mins), and since I still have plenty of time in my lunch break I usually keep going. I love that I actually want  to keep going. 


I spoke with our trainer after Summer Slam last night to ask her if my training will be enough time for the half marathon in February. She said I definitely should run outside more to get acclimated to the elements, but if I keep up the 3-5x/week of running then I should clock about a 10.0 pace. I'm so stoked on that, since my goal is just 12.0!! Speaking of Summer Slam...sheesh. She killed us last night! Lots of cardio - kickboxing and running. For the running we put a resistance band around our hips and the kickstand, then had to run as hard as possible with high knees for 30 seconds at a time. That was my favorite part! Hard class but I loved every second of it.

As more people are reading my blog, I'm loving seeing that people are actually following my story and finding some inspiration in me. It's so humbling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment