Monday, July 23, 2012

first running injury :/

Yup. I've got my first running injury. Does that make me a real runner now?

Well, it's nothing serious, so probably not. My ankle has been hurting a little for about a week now, but I ran on it a couple of times anyways. Yesterday and today it was a little worse though, so I decided not to run today. Which I'm actually bummed about, since it's my day off so I would have been able to run outside. I've been icing it off and on this morning and I'll wrap it if I head out to do any errands.

I did run on Saturday though, and it was nice because my husband came and met me at the gym at work to join. I followed the C25K plan for the day, and it was the first time where I did exactly as the program called for. It ended up being 2.1 miles in 28:15.

Last night I caved and bought the Jeff Galloway half marathon training app for (brace yourself) $14.99. I'm a little hesitant but also excited to use his guide instead of the C25K. He's the official RunDisney go-to guy, so I'm sure it will be great.

Amazon and Pinterest have become my goal boards - when I reach a milestone (the first one is running 3x/week for a month), I get to buy something off one of those places. They're all things related to running, such as new Under Armour shirts.

OH! I booked our hotel yesterday for the Disney Princess Half Marathon!!! We will be staying here:


Shades of Green Resort, on Disney property. It's a military-only resort so it was a great price ($110/night for a room with 2 queen beds) and is really nice. And even better: my husband decided to come! He won't be running the race, but I'm so excited he will be there to watch me finish. And that he'll be there to celebrate my birthday with me.

If you're feeling discouraged in your running, keep this amazing quote in your head:

"Dead last is greater than did not finish, which trumps did not start."

No comments:

Post a Comment