Sunday, May 26, 2013

You're right.

Summer has already hit us here in the Keys. It's only the end of May and it's hit us hard. Hot, humid, sticky, thick, yucky. Welcome to paradise!

It's been civil war in my mind trying to convince myself to step foot outside and run. I just take the dogs out to potty and walk back in drenched in sweat - how can I bring myself to run in that heat? Let alone on purpose?!



So today I hopped on the dreadmile on my lunch break at work. Not my favorite place to run, but cooler than going outside - although not by much. I wanted to do 3 miles, but I only got 2.5 in. Better than nothing? Of course. Also gives me a goal to get to next week. Anyways, my overal pace was about 13:30 min/mi - not to good bad (I haven't been running in a month-ish!), and my first mile was in 12 mins, which is tied for my 2nd fastest mile.

I usually don't wear headphones when I run because I'm outside and like to be able to hear what's going on around me, but I did today - and I found that it really helped, especially since I was trapped on the dreadmile. Nothing like some Rhianna to kick your pace up a notch! Every time I got tired I would try to match the tempo (and tell myself how strong I was - I completeled a half marathon!). This popped into my head, too:

Hopefully I can start acclimating myself to this weather again, because I love running on my little island with my pupperonis - and I think they miss it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment