Thursday, May 9, 2013

Promised PHM Picture Post!

Ok, my faithful friends...I am living up to my promise of posting our pictures from the Princess Half Marathon!

I bought a package from MarathonFoto for my professional pictures, so those are mixed in with the ones I took on my camera along the way. I'll spare you our pictures from our Disneyworld trip...but I may save those for a future post - consider yourself warned!



I will do my best to post the pictures in order - but keep in mind that the time on any clocks that you see is NOT our time - it's the cumulative time since the the race began, and that includes the time that is showing in our finish line photo.


They had "stained glass windows" with different sayings on them as you walked to the race area. We didn't even pay attention to what our's say, but I find it fitting that we happened to have our picture in front of the one saying "dreams" - and remember it's about 330am at this point!


Mom (Ariel), Me (Minnie Mouse), Monica (Snow White), & Mary (Ariel).




This is just as you walk into the runner's area - and it got even more crowded since we were among the first there at 330am.


Official picture of the start of the very first corral!


Getting closer to the start line!!!



Terrified.


Fairy Godmother!


Can you tell I'm about to vomit from nerves? Thought so.

Mom was dressed as Ariel!






One of my favorite character stops!


AH! We are going to be running through MAGIC KINGDOM!!


Beauty & the Beast is my FAVE Disney movie.


That cool pink thing on my hand is called a Handana - picked it up at the PHM Expo, and love it. It's so you can wipe sweat away!


About to turn onto Main Street USA in Magic Kingdom.


First view of Cinderella's Castle! (And yes, it was that foggy.)



GASTON! Right after him was a photo op with Belle, and we saw NO LINE so ran over - only to find her handler was cutting the line off because Belle had to take a break :(


"To infinity, and beyond!"


Oh my, we are about to run through Cinderella's Castle...


What a royal welcome!



This B ruined all THREE of my pictures running out of the castle. ALL of the photographers were telling her to keep moving...I'm still very bitter.



Ermehgerd...The EPCOT ball. We are in the HOME STRETCH!



Winding through EPCOT - felt like the whole 13 miles...



The church choir that almost made me start bawling!



WE CAN SEE THE FINISH LINE!


"MOM! LOOK!"


In the previous picture, I was looking at Royal Minnie! I wanted a picture SO BAD. But I wanted to finish even more!





Literally took everything in me not to start crying. Official finish time: 3 hours 46 mins 18 secs.






And I will leave you with one final picture, taken back at the hotel before we collapsed:


Until next time, friends! Keep running.










No comments:

Post a Comment