Tuesday, September 4, 2012

it's been awhile!

FINALLY got new running shoes! My husband and I went to Miami for a day trip a couple weeks ago, and I went to the Running Connection, where they analyzed my stride. They recommended a pair of Saucony's and a pair of Nike Vomero's. They didn't have a color scheme I liked in either shoe, so I didn't buy any. Decided to see if the Foot Locker here in Key West carried either, and they had the Nike's in the same color but for almost half as much - so I opted for those. I LOVE THEM!

Anyway...I've been following Jeff Galloway's running app on my iPhone  and I love it. I didn't think I'd like the one minute run/one minute walk ratio, but it's awesome. Yesterday morning my husband and I went for a run (which is rare, because I'm weird about exercising with him). We decided to take the dogs, so I didn't bring water because I hate carrying it, plus I'd have a dog leash to hold onto. Well, needless to say, that wasn't smart. Not in the humidity that is Key West. I had to walk to last half (and it was only 3.3 miles), so I was really disappointed with myself. But then I remembered this:


and I felt better. At least I got out there at all, right? Right!

Now that I've gotten my running schedule down, I'm working on the healthy eating aspect. I've given up dairy (well, more like I've given up milk, cheese, and yogurt), but I'm still perfecting that. I'm going to focus on that for a few weeks and then work into giving up gluten. We're also going to slowly shift into being a clean eating household (which my husband will have a hard time with - he's a fan of things like Pop Tarts and chips!). One thing at a time, though!

On Saturday we are going to the Love Fund Ball (aka Police Prom), and I fully intend to take advantage of the open bar and free dinner...so I will be going for a nice long run on Saturday morning so I don't feel as guilty.

Well, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment