Monday, August 6, 2012

welcome back!

Welcome back, running. I missed you so much (still can't believe I am someone who can say that).

On Friday my husband and I took a trip to Miami to spend the day with my friend & roommate from college. She was here with her boyfriend for a day from CA before their cruise left. Obviously, Miami = shopping. One of our stops was Foot Locker (since we were finally at a real, live MALL!) where I stood on a mat and had my feet analyzed.  I bought some insoles to help with running, because I have flat feet and that seems to make it slightly easier for me to hurt myself (see previous posts). Oh, I also now am saving for a pair of Mizuno running shoes. Want so so badly.

This morning I decided to go for a speed walk with my pups and see how the insoles helped, as well as how my feet would feel after taking a week and a half off from running. My left foot seemed to not respond as well, as it was a little achy. But overall, I like the insoles. The pups and I did 1.73 miles in 25 mins. I couldn't help myself and had to run the last third or so. It felt so good to be running again. It was nice and breezy (don't let that fool you - it was still hot and sticky)...and luckily we finished when we did. Less than 15 minutes after we walked in the door it started pouring. As I'm writing this, there is thunder booming and rain pounding - and my poor babies are scared.


So. Anyways. It was great to get back out there. Tomorrow I finally get to start the Jack Galloway 1/2 marathon training plan.

While we were in Miami, we took both dogs to the vet. Molly was due for vaccinations, and Bandit hadn't been to the vet with us before (since we've only had him since February). Since the day we got him, his hind legs have had tremors after he exercises - and also sometimes when he is just relaxing. We wanted to make sure it wasn't anything big like liver problems or hip dysplasia. So they did blood work and x-rays, and luckily it's just arthritis. He will be just fine, though, so we're happy. We just have to make sure to give him a glucosamine chondroitin supplement, and an iron supplement because his red blood cell count was low. I was one nervous mama the whole day since he had to be put completely under for the x-rays and dental cleaning he had.

And now I'm off to make a yummy decaf chocolate mocha Arbonne protein shake. Enjoy your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment