Monday, October 8, 2012

I promise I didn't fall off the face of the planet...

It's been far too long since I posted! I know you've all been dying to read another post. Right? Right.

Luckily it hasn't been quite as long since I ran. I pulled my groin muscle when I went on a long (my longest!) run with my friend Monica a few weeks ago. I knew I needed to rest it but I ran on it twice anyways. After finding out the hard way that I needed to rest it, I have taken two weeks off from running.



Today I'm going to be back at it! I'm running after work, hopefully with my husband and dogs. I really miss it. It's still absolutely insane to me that I crave any sort of physical activity, but I'll take it! As I psych myself up for the run tonight (hoping for 3ish miles) I need to keep picturing this, since I know my time and endurance won't be quite as good as it was:

 

Monica, our friend Rachel, and I just returned yesterday from an absolutely incredible girls spa weekend in Miami. We left Friday morning and ate, shopped, and laughed until we couldn't move! I mean that. I ate so much I feel like I gained 30 pounds in 3 days. We all treated ourselves to amazing massages on Saturday morning at our hotel's spa (which, by the way, was the only good part about our hotel). Our weekend getaway was much needed and so well-deserved by all of us, as we've all been working so hard.

This month and early next month are both pretty filled with 5K's for me! [At least, it's full in comparison to past months -as in, I've only ever ran one 5K before] On Tuesday the 23rd, Monica and I are doing the Key West Tutu Run as part of Fantasy Fest. I think I'm going to attempt to make my own tutu tomorrow. It's a fun run and is only a mile, so it won't really be for time - I mean it's described as having beer stops along the way. I'm in! Then on the 29th we (along with a handful of other friends) are doing the Zombie Run 5K that the MWR for NAS Key West is putting on. It's also a 5K, and when I registered us I was warned to expect obstacles and be prepared to "get muddy and fake bloody." If that doesn't sound like a good time, I don't know what does! November brings us to the Zonta Run 5K and a Turkey Trot put on by one of the local bars. I'm hoping to participate in a 10K or 15K while I'm in CA for Christmas, but so far I haven't found one.

WELL...now that I've written a short novel, I bid you farewell. Happy running!!

No comments:

Post a Comment